Friday, September 28, 2007

Burma

Demonstrators gathered outside of the Chinese consulate today to speak out against Myanmar's military junta. China is one of Myanmar's few allies and is in a unique position to pressure the Burmese government into peacefully addressing the protesters who have taken to the streets of Rangoon (Yangon) in the past week.
Please read more here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7017496.stm






To learn more about Aung San Suu Kyi, follow this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aung_San_Suu_Kyi


2 comments:

lisaruth said...

well, these are the only photos i've come across about the protest today. tried the major news stations in SF. story kinda got buried.

they turned out really nice. thanks for posting them. i may have one to rival those you took of mona painting tho... :)

jamie said...

the chronicle covered it on the front page of the 'bay area' section today, though i'm having trouble finding the article on their site.

I've created this blog mostly for my own motivation--to keep myself shooting on a daily basis. I will post a new image 6 times a week and once a week will post something out of my 'archives'. I will try to post a photo essay once a month. Please feel free to provide any sort of feedback, criticism, or support that you find fitting. If you're interested in prints, please contact me.

Add to Technorati Favorites